Prisoners at five facilities in Florida engage in work strikes and commissary boycotts. Outside supporters with Gainesville IWOC and other groups stage a series of solidarity actions, including an occupation outside the work release camp near Gainesville.
According to Jailhouse Lawyers Speak, these five prisons participated:
- Charlotte Correctional Institution
- Dade Correctional Institution
- Holmes Correctional Institution
- Appalachee Correctional Institution
- Franklin Correctional Institution
Five facilities tweet, Gainesville IWOC twitter, August 2018.
Occupation highlights local slave contracts and national prison strike, ItsGoingDown.org, September 2018.